Party at Ikea



I was one of the VIP guests treated to a fabulous evening by Ikea Canada - it was the Ikea Richmond grand re-opening preview night where we were treated to a cocktail reception, happening tunes, treats throughout the store and a special shopping discount!

I can't think of a better way to shop at Ikea than with amazing blogger friends to laugh with along the way, wine glass in hand, assistance on every corner, random food sampling {love those meatballs} and beautifully styled vignettes throughout.

My evening started off with a cab ride courtesy of Ikea and 3 other bloggers who "cab-pooled" with me. We had a good chuckle as the cab company picked us up in a Prius. 


We were then greeted by a brand new store, 3 times larger than the old one, which was one of the first Ikea's to open in Canada. I remember visiting that store as a child with parents!

The PR team for Ikea.

Then we were ushered up to the cafeteria which was beautifully decorated and were greeted by various PR people for Ikea, given a glass of "your-choice-beverage" and then the fun began.


After an hour or so of catching up, the shopping and touring of the store began. I bought a few Ribba frames and down inserts, one can't have enough Ribba frames and down inserts! 

My favourite scenes were the table settings.





And the icing on the cake was the swag bag we took home.  It weighed a ton. Not to shabby....




Gosh - thanks Ikea!

Grand Opening is tomorrow. Pssst, first in line gets a $10,000 gift card!!!!


15 comments

  1. What fun! You're so lucky. I'm counting down the days til Manitoba gets their first Ikea (in Winnipeg). Eek....Fall 2012 will be glorious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was excited for this post, and you didn't disappoint! What an awesome experience, and SWAG bag!
    http://paintwinerepeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so lucky! Dang I miss being on the Mainland sometimes.... I loved the table settings too - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow! Such a great bunch of pictures! Thanks for sharing...That swag bag...yikes great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a fun event!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love those meatballs! Love Darryl's Tweet too :)
    Such a fun night...hope to see you again soon! ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun fun! You are so right re: Ribba frames - can NEVER have enough although the wires on the back still drive me crazy :) Great swag bag you got too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun time Barbara! And what a great swag bag! IKEA Canada really does treat bloggers well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a blast! Love your pictures . Glad you gotVIP treatment! So jealous!
    Nancy
    PowellbrowerHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had so much fun chatting your ear off :) Just wish I took that darn cab ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I love IKEA :) Haven't been in a while and I'm feeling the need to go haha The party looks like so much fun and you look fabulous :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved all of IKEA's tablescapes too! Fun to see you, great post!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. How come I am never invited to any fun Ikea events? I am Swedish after all (although you look more Swedish than I do, my friend) & I have something Ikea in each and every room!

    Seems and looks like you had a blast!

    Thinking of you.

    Warm hugs

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like fun! Wish I didn't have to drive 5 hours to get to the closest IKEA but that still doesn't keep me away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat...